Monday, October 26, 2009

Chocolate Chili Bites

I've wanted to make these muffins for a while ever since someone I know (of course I can't remember who) made them a few years ago. I found this recipe on Chocolate & Zucchini. Since I could only find the recipe in grams, I attempted to convert it into what I'm used to.


- 200g butter (1.8 sticks)
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate
- 250g caster sugar (1.1 cups)
- 5 eggs
- A rounded tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon ground chili (Adjust to your taste and to the strength of your chili)

Pre-heat your oven to 200°C (400°F).

Melt the butter with the chocolate in a small saucepan or in a bowl in the microwave. If melting in the microwave, be sure to do it slowly, blending with a spoon between each pass. Transfer into a mixing bowl, add in the sugar, mix with a wooden spoon and let cool a little. Add the eggs one by one, mixing well with the spoon after each addition. Add a rounded tablespoon of flour and the chili powder and mix well. Pour the dough in the four petit molds, and put into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. The top should look set, but the inside should still be on the soft side.

Let the the mini muffins cool down enough to unmold them, then turn them out on a rack to cool completely. Store in a plastic container, refrigerate, and take out about an hour prior to serving the next day.

Makes about 72 bites.

No comments: