Friday, January 1, 2010

Things to do in 2010

-Do well in school
-Apply to school for the fall or find a job
-Save some money
-Visit my sister in Hawaii
-Exercise weekly (ride a bike or run on the treadmill) / do crunches
-Clear my skin up (meaning stop eating foods that break out my face and use the same shampoo and conditioner that does not break my face out everyday)
-Use the same toothpaste everyday to stop cankers
-Floss everyday (rather than a few times a week)
-Have nice nails and paint them more often / stop biting them
-Grow my hair longer because it is too short for me to do anything with it
-Go to the dermatologist and find out what is wrong with my thumb nails (nerve damage?)
-Cook at least one meal a day
-Make a lot of the soups from the book Alma gave
-Make chocolate chili muffins
-Read 10 books (Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino, Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger, Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour by J.D. Salinger, Post Office by Charles Bukowski, Generation A by Douglas Coupland, etc.)
-Learn to knit/crochet something other than a straight/single-stitch scarf
-Make a biosphere and/or terrarium
-Make a woodgrain rug
-Make yarn pom poms
-Pickle things!
-Sell things at the Sowa Market with my mom one weekend this spring
-Watch Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica, Twilight Zone

2 comments:

Cristy said...

This sounds like a nice list of things to do accomplish in 2010.. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas+NYE. For Christmas I got the book "The Wild Things" by Dave Eggers and so far it's really good.

I'd love to see Hawaii one day.

Victoria said...

Thank you. I hope your Christmas + NYE were good too!

Every time I see that book by David Eggers at the bookstore, I pet the cover (I don't know if you got one with a furry cover, but some of them have it). Did you happen to read The Virgin Suicides yet?